The Well-Read Witch Coven: a Second Life reading group

I like to read witch-lit, fantasy and magic realism. On looking for a suitable reading group for me to join, and finding nothing, I decided to start a new group: The Well-Read Witch Coven.

You need at least two avatars for a group so I persuaded my good friend Kaia to join too. We're currently reading a non-fiction book, The Witch: A History of Fear from Ancient Times to the Present by Ronald Hutton.

The group is open and free to join for witches, wizards, muggles, animals and fae (and anybody/thing that I've left out). The plan is that we will meet up once a month in my large living room at my home in Gaunt Ring to discuss whatever we have read that month. I'm European, so after 1PM SLT is best - or at the weekend.

Looking ahead, we're planning to read the following books through to June (relevant discussion guides that we intend to use in the book club in brackets):

February: The Invisible Library, Genevieve Cogman (discussion questions)
March: The Masked City, Genevieve Cogman
April: The League of Gentlewomen Witches, India Holton (link to book club kit with discussion topics)
May: The Cottingley Cuckoo, A.J. Elwood
June: Magic Lessons: Book 1 of the Practical Magic Series, Alice Hoffman (https://www.readinggroupguides.com/reviews/magic-lessons-book-1-of-the-practical-magic-series/guide)

Love & Light,

♒ Aqua ♒ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderlust Weekend: 11-12 February

Christmas at The Black Cat Inn

LSL: Book giving script 1