LSL: Book giving script 1

In my study I have a bookcase that has two shelves filled with books and potion bottles. Those books and bottles are actually one texture on the face of a single prim sold as a wooden bookcase itself called RE Potions & Bottles Cabinet but moved and stretched (or rather cropped) so that all that appears are the contents of two shelves.

Then within that one prim cabinet object there is a copy of the giver script from Kira Komarov with the GIVE_TYPE set to 6 and touch_start to only respond to llGetOwner() rather than llDetectedKey() as in my notecard giver. GIVE_TYPE 6 corresponds to objects, so is the type needed to give rezzable books. Remember that llDetectedKey() gives the ID of the last object/avatar to trigger a procedure. I use this bookcase to store my non-transferable books, therefore it's really important to check that avatars that cannot access my books aren't able to try or an error will be thrown. By using llGetOwner, my books ignore requests from everyone except me, Aqua.

This code is much more complicated than my simple script and shows the owner a menu of available objects to accept. Note that the buttons are only able to show the first 11 characters so Grimoire appears in full but my (C&C) Cryptozoology Book is just (C&C) Crypt.

Finally, the coded Potions & Bottles Cabinet has been moved to be inside a Witchcraft Bookcase from Z.O.E. - Zanne's Odds & Ends behind two of the opening doors.

♒ Aqua ♒ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderlust Weekend: 11-12 February

Christmas at The Black Cat Inn